Virtual Data Center
NGN's virtual data center comprises virtual computing resources (servers, disks, and networks) available via the internet or dedicated communication channels.
The customer manages the resources on a self-service portal and thus fully controls all cloud IT services—with no need to involve a service provider for technical support and no waiting for requests for additional computing resources to be fulfilled. In a cloud, data is not stored on local server drives. Instead, disks are created using centralized data storage systems. In particular, all-flashstorage systems are available and can serve as a basis for the creation of disks with a guaranteed high performance.
- Different Virtual Machine (VM) configurations are available: from micro instances (32 vCPU and 64 GB RAM) for solving small infrastructure tasks to high-performance VMs (64 vCPU and 256 GB RAM) for solving resource intensive tasks (database servers, etc.)
- VMs are managed via a self-service portal
- Allocation of computing resources (CPU, RAM) is guaranteed with no need for re-subscription
- By default, customer VMs run in High Availability mode. Since customer VM data is not stored on local drives, all VMs that were running on a failed server are re-launched on servers available on the cloud platform and start using data stored within the data storage system
- VM start, stop, and deletion, as well as data center selection for VM to start in are performed via a self-service portal
NGN's optional cloud services include the integration of a cloud platform's virtual networks with a customer's private networks, i.e. the creation of an isolated virtual network environment
- Private Cloud is a completely isolated segment of a cloud platform and is only accessible from outside the cloud;
- Private Cloud supports the arbitrary configuration of internal network addressing space, thus allowing customers to configure their in-cloud network environment in the most desirable or convenient fashion;
- Support of automatic creation of IPsec VPN tunnels and connection configuration via a self-service portal;
- Support of static and dynamic routing (BGP) configuration on a self-service portal.
- More flexibility—your organization can customize its cloud environment to meet specific business needs.
- Improved security—resources are not shared with others, so higher levels of control and security are possible.
- High scalability—private clouds still afford the scalability and efficiency of a public cloud.
Public clouds are the most common way of deploying cloud computing. The cloud resources (like servers and storage) are owned and operated by a third-party cloud service provider and delivered over the Internet. NGN Cloud is an example of a public cloud. With a public cloud, all hardware, software, and other supporting infrastructure is owned and managed by the cloud provider. In a public cloud, you share the same hardware, storage, and network devices with other organizations or cloud “tenants.” You access services and manage your account using a web browser. Public cloud deployments are frequently used to provide web-based email, online office applications, storage, and testing and development environments.
- Lower costs—no need to purchase hardware or software, and you pay only for the service you use.
- No maintenance—your service provider provides the maintenance.
- Near-unlimited scalability—on-demand resources are available to meet your business needs.
Hybrid cloud refers to the use of both on-premises resources in addition to public cloud resources. A hybrid cloud enables an organization to migrate applications and data to the cloud, extend their datacenter capacity, utilize new cloud-native capabilities, move applications closer to customers, and create a backup and disaster recovery solution with cost-effective high availability.
Using a hybrid cloud not only allows companies to scale computing resources, it also eliminates the need to make massive capital expenditures to handle short-term spikes in demand as well as when the business needs to free up local resources for more sensitive data or applications. Companies will pay only for resources they temporarily use instead of having to purchase, programme and maintain additional resources and equipment which could remain idle over long periods of time. Hybrid cloud computing is a “best of all possible worlds” platform, delivering all the benefits of cloud computing - flexibility, scalability and cost efficiencies - with the lowest possible risk of data exposure.
Adopt a pay-as-you-go model and expand computing capacity in just several minutes in the case of a rush of customers.
- Control—your organization can maintain a private infrastructure for sensitive assets.
- Flexibility—you can take advantage of additional resources in the public cloud when you need them.
- Cost-effectiveness—with the ability to scale to the public cloud, you pay for extra computing power only when needed.
Disaster Recovery as a Service
To protect your company against IT system and force majeure disasters, employ disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), which offers the ability to instantly switch to a replica of your infrastructure created in NGN’s cloud. As a result, your business processes will not stop, even for a single minute.
- 24/7 business processes
- SLA to guarantee infrastructure performance in NGN’s cloud
- IT function outsourcing to free up time for developing strategic business lines
- Involvement of NGN’s certified specialists, optimization of staff costs if necessary
- Ability to either deploy backup infrastructure by yourself, or engage NGN’s specialists as a managed service
- Economic feasibility: DRaaS is less expensive than creating your own infrastructure
- Lower risk of reputational losses and customer churn
- Any combination of physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures
- Infrastructure backup in any distance
- Guaranteed IT infrastructure recovery time
- Own data center with TIER III Certification of Design and Facility
NGN’s DRaaS portfolio
Depending on the customer’s tasks and the priority of applications, NGN offers two DRaaS approaches:
High availability (HA): NGN’s cloud acts as a backup site where a replica of the customer’s infrastructure is created and kept updated and active, with the customer being able to switch to it in only a few seconds in the case of any local infrastructure failures. This is a good option for the recovery of mission-critical services.
Disaster Recovery (DR): Turning a stopped replica on takes a bit more time — several minutes. This is a good option for the recovery of business-critical services,. while the cost of the service is less than that for active replica use.
Back up as a service
To secure your mission-critical data, opt for backup as a service (BaaS) and protect local or cloud sites and systems, databases, and mail servers. BaaS can either be managed via a personal console, or outsourced to NGN’s qualified specialists.
- Lower risk of business interruption due to unavailability of business-critical systems or data
- Mission-critical data integrity
- Compliance with data storage regulations
- Highest possible availability of backup copies
- Easier operation of diverse IT equipment
- High-quality maintenance by experienced and competent engineers
- Lower risk of data loss or corruption via human error or illegal activities
- Reduced CapEx on equipment, including related supply, cooling and monitoring systems
- Optimized personnel costs if necessary
- Transparent control over data backup expenses (monthly payment depending on consumption)
- Distributed data storage based on NGN’s data center which is certified by the Uptime Institute for compliance with Tier III Certification of Design and Facility
- Prompt service activation and use
- User-friendly administration console accessible anytime and anywhere
- Minimum traffic consumption thanks to deduplication of data transmitted
Backup of Windows and Linux operating systems, SQL DB, Exchange email servers and VMware virtual farms
When creating a cloud infrastructure for customers and delivering resources from Virtual Data Center and its own physical data center, NGN uses and offers services which ensure protection from both typical (information leak, network attack) and cloud-specific (dependence on provider, failure to comply with regulations) threats. NGN provides security consulting services and employs solutions that guarantee uninterrupted operation of virtual infrastructure and help manage cloud service lifecycle.
Virtual Data Center cloud protection tools
Protection tools integrated into the Virtual Data Center ensure basic security and effectively delimit customers' resources.
Protection tools integrated into the Virtual Data Center include:
- Security of communication channels (VPN)
- Segmentation of customers' networks, resource access delimitation and control
- Information security event monitoring
With the Firewall Management service, we perform user authentication, auditing and logging and support for S2S and IPSEC. We are able to provide a dedicated or shared firewall service depending on the request of our customers.
Load Balancer Service
When your website or company application encounters heavy traffic, we distribute the overhead to different servers so that it can continue to perform uninterrupted. We are able to provide a dedicated or shared load balancer service depending on the request of our customers.
SSL VPN Service
Without the need for any software and hardware, we securely connect your employees over the Internet to the corporate network.
- Dedicated SSL VPN: We provide licensing on a company-specific hardware and end-to-end Client to Site VPN support.
- Shared SSL VPN: As the management is performed through the centralized system, we offer this service without the cost of hardware and licensing.
We protect your servers from attacks by detecting and blocking the attacks that will come to your systems over the Internet. Depending on the request of our customers, we are able to provide dedicated, shared and hostbase IPS services.
DDoS Intrusion Prevention service is recommended against DDoS attacks. DDoS attacks are types of attacks that send heavy traffic to servers. Today, the most dangerous attack threatening Internet traffic, known as the type of attack against DDoS attacks are taken if the risk of your network and the continuity of your business will be at risk. DDoS Intrusion Prevention System disables possible DDoS threats to your network over the Internet. It provides protection against the attack types such as ICMP, DNS, HTTP flooding and TCP flag attacks such as Syn and ack. By blocking intense attacks from multiple sources to a single target at the same time, it detects the attack and removes the harmful traffic and redirects the clean traffic to your systems. DDoS Intrusion Prevention System constantly monitors your Internet traffic and prevents attacks from reaching your network.
URL Filtering Service
By preventing damages from websites, we organize your use of the Internet in line with the policies determined by your company. Based on our customers' request, we are able to provide dedicated and shared URL Filtering service.
We deliver e-mail content and add-ons to your messaging server before scanning them on our antivirus-antispam servers based on IP.
- Easy activation
- Protection from harmful add-ons
- Save in bandwidth
- Providing system backup
- Easy access to quarantined e-mails
- 24/7 monitoring of servers
- Quarantined e-mails are able to be released/ included to WhiteList by users
- Monthly regular messaging traffic reports submission
- Backup of messaging logs